Pages

May 13, 2011

Accepting Reality

I began writing Thriving in the 21st Century because I was trying to figure out what was going on as I watched the industry that my husband had worked in for 30 years move overseas, leaving him without work or an income. I also wanted to know how to prepare our children for this new economy we have found ourselves in.

Six years later, I'm ready for the future and I feel like my kids are prepared for it too. But I meet other parents who, once they start putting together the pieces of their own experiences and those of their friends and relatives, become pessimistic about what's going on and what it means for our children's future.

If that's how you feel, you need a dose of reality tinged with optimism. Check out Seth Godin's posts on this topic (Post 1 and Post 2) and you'll feel better.

No comments: